News and Upcoming Events
- I made a how-to sauerkraut video as a collaboration between The 92nd Street Y and The Gefilteria. Check it out.
- I produced three cooking videos on Jewish holiday classics with The Gefilteria and Disruption Magazine, including Stuffed Gefilte Fish, Blintzes and Crispy Chicken with Tsimmes. View them here.
- An episode of Gravy, the food podcast from The Southern Foodways Alliance, called Going Whole Hog in Israel reported on the pork industry in Israel and interviewed me.
- I headlined the Gefilte Ball, a gefilte fish celebration at Berlin's first Jewish food festival, Nosh Berlin. Read it about in The New York Times.
- Wrote an oped about the Passover industrial food complex for The New York Times.
- The Gefilte Manifesto was named a finalist for the National Jewish Book Awards
- Let's bring back the Hanukkah Goose! My oped in The New York Times.
- The New Yorker ran a think piece about gefilte fish, and featured me and The Gefilte Manifesto.
- I cooked dishes from my cookbook with a producer at NPR's All Things Considered.
- Was named to Forbes Magazine’s 30 under 30 list in Food and Wine.
- Vice's food channel, Munchies, ran a pretty sweet profile of me and my business partner.
- Was listed as one of 50 influencers by the Forward newspaper.
- As part of Gefilteria, was a guest chef at the James Beard House kitchen in both 2013 and 2014.
- The New York Times covered The Gefilteria and the Ashkenazi food trend, and used a few choice quotes of mine.
- Sometimes I get calls from Serious Eats about the strange sticking power of Celery Soda in the US. I take them and talk for a while about this kind of stuff.
- All about my fascination with the pork taboo and my research on Israel's pork industry and Pork Memoirs in Tablet Magazine.
- Smith Magazine spoke to me about the literary site Pork Memoirs.
- When Daniella Cheslow from The Tel Aviv Table, a radio show on TLV1, called to talk charcuterie and farming, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. .
- Getting to speak about pickles and pork with Mitchell Davis on an early episode of his incredible radio show, Taste Matters, remains a true highlight of mine in this crazy food world.
- Modern Farmer wrote about pork, taboos and my hang-ups